Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs)
- Biosafety Information Network and Advisory Services (BINAS), Vienna
BINAS is a service of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO). It is a comprehensive data resource for: biotechnology regulations, field releases of transgenic organisms, experts in risk assessment, national regulatory authorities, and biosafety related bibliography.
- European Union: Environment
The EU has some of the world's highest environmental standards. Environment policy helps green the EU economy, protect nature, and safeguard the health and quality of life of people living in the EU.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
Recognizing the problem of potential global climate change the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) established the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 1988. The role of the IPCC is to assess the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant for the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change.
IPCC Third Assessment Reports:
- International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Italy
ICGEB is an international organization of the United Nations, established in order to promote the safe use of biotechnology world-wide, with special regard to the needs of the developing world.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Portal of OECD. Includes all OECD books, papers, reports, periodicals, and statistical databases. Coverage: 1998 to the present.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Areas include: State of the Global Environment, Environmental Isues, Countries & Regions, Environmental Instruments, Environment Calendar & Events, Press Releases, and Highlights. Publications include:
- UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre (WCMC)
WCMC provides information services on the conservation and sustainable use of species and ecosystems, and supports others in the development of their own information management systems. Their work spans a number of areas.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) (Kyoto Protocol)