Books & Ebooks
- CLIO Catalog
Start with CLIO to find books, journal titles, videos, sound recordings, electronic resources, archives, and other materials in the Columbia libraries.
- Search tips:
- use an asterisk * to find all possible endings: feminis* finds feminism, feminist, feminists, etc.
- use the facets on the left to refine your results by format, library location, subject, or language
- use Boolean operators (AND, OR NOT): (gay* OR homosexual* OR queer) AND theor*
- Use the "online" format facet to limit to our electronic collections (unless you are looking for books and pamphlets published before 1924 which will automatically include online links to Hathi Trust resources)
- CLIO E-Book search - searches the catalog and our Articles+ database for ebooks, including chapters.
- Ebook Collections
Nearly all of our e-book titles are listed in CLIO, but many publishers are making additional content temporarily available in response to the COVID-19 health emergency. Searching within these e-book platforms may also allow for full text searching and other features. Here are some of our major e-book collections for gender & sexuality studies:
- Cambridge Books Online - Cambridge UP titles.
- De Gruyter Ebooks - recently published material from Amsterdam UP, Columbia UP, Cornell UP, Harvard UP, Fordham and NYU UP, Princeton UP, Rutgers UP, Stanford UP, University of California P, University of Pennsylvania P, University of Toronto P,
- Duke University Press - includes Duke UP books and journals.
- JSTOR - the journal platform includes now includes considerable ebook content.
- Oxford Scholarship Oniine - includes Oxford University Press titles as well as books from Yale UP, Princeton UP, MIT Press, U of Chicago P and many more.
- Project Muse - Includes all titles from Johns Hopkins UP, Ohio State UP, Penn State UP, U of California P, U of Arizona P, U of Maryland P, U of North Carolina P, U of Virginia P, and many others.
- SpringerLink - includes books published by Springer as well as some Palgrave Macmillan titles.
- Taylor & Francis E-books - Includes Routledge
- Multidisciplinary Ebook platforms
- Ebook Central - full text searchable, includes titles across disciplines. Titles are not available for full download, and there are limitiations to downloading, but they can be read online. Most of these titles will be listed in CLIO, but there are advantages to searching across the platform as well. Includes academic and popular press titles.
- Ebsco eBook Collection - full text searchable, includes titles across disciplines. Titles are not available for full download, and there are limitiations to downloading, but they can be read online. Most of these titles will be listed in CLIO, but there are advantages to searching across the platform as well. Includes academic and popular press titles.
An online catalog of the collections of 24,000 member libraries of the OCLC consortium, comprising more than 36 million records for books, serials, manuscript collections, audiovisual materials, computer files, and other media. Use the blue e-link arrow inside WorldCat to request items through Interlibrary Loan.