The following maps are located in the Rare Books & Manuscripts Collection, Butler Library, 6th Floor, Columbia University
Historical Map Collection: Catalogued under "P--Africa" and "P--World" ; Paper catalog records only, *not* in CLIO
- Africa. Published under the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. London: Chas. Knight & Co., 183--. Engraved by J.& C. Walker. (12 1/2 x 15 in.)
- Africa by H.S. Tanner. Possessions of the European powers, etc., with enlarged inset map of Liberia, 1834.
- Africae descriptio from Mercator Atlas Minor, reduced from large atlas by Jacob Hondins. 1607. (8 x 6 1/2 in.) (Framed with: Typus Orbus Terrarum, 1607.)
- Africa, drawn from the latest authorities. [London: Tho. Kitchen Ges., 1770]
- Africa es magna orbis terrae descriptione Gerardi Mercatores desumpta studio et industria. G.M. Iuniores, 1609. (18 1/2 x 15 in.)
- Ancient Egypt. Published by the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. By G. Long, Prof. Greek, London University. London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1831. J. & C. Walker, Sculpt. (11 1/2 x 14 in.) ...Plus, a 2nd copy of same. (11 x 14 1/4 in.)
- Arab map of the world. 10th century. Facsimile (reduced). (2 1/4 x 2 1/4 in.)
- The British Empire throughout the World on Mercator's Projection. The British Empire, coloured red. (6 x 8 in.)
- Carte de Diego Ribero. 1529. (24 x 17 1/2 in.) Facsimile.
- Carte générale de l'Afrique. Dressée par H.N. Dufour. Paris: s.n., 1854. (Col. map sheet)
- Central Africa ....by Dr. F. Boas. New York: Hart & Von Arx, 1887. (In 'Science', May 27, 1887.) (11 x 15 3/4 in.)
- The Century Atlas: Africa. [map] New York: Century Co., c1897 and c1902. [Buffalo, NY: Matthews--Northrup Co.] Insets: Cape Verde Is.-- Ascension Is.--St Helena Is.--Réunion--Mauritius. (470 English statute miles to 1 in.)
- The Century Atlas Africa, North East Part. New York: The Century Co., 1897. (10 1/4 x 15 1/4 in.)
- Colton's Map of the World on Mercator's Projection, showing isothermae lines. New York: J.H. Colton & Co., 1855. (16 x 24 in.)
- Edrisi's map. A.D. 1154. Palermo. Facsimile reduced. (4 x 4 in.)
- Egypt with Libia; designed for sur. Rollins Ancient History, by sur. Danville, the King's Geographer. 1738. Engraved by R.W. Seale. (9 x 12 1/2 in.)
- Genoese world map. Manuscript. 1457. Facsimile. (32 x 18 1/2 in.)
- Johnson's Africa. New York: A.J. Johnson, 1864. (Oversize, col. map sheet; includes map insets of "Cape Verde Islands", "St. Helena", "Liberia", "The Nile", and "Cape Colony".)
- Johnson' s Africa by Johnson and Ward. [map] [New York: Johnson and Ward, 1863? ] (From Johnson's new illustrated family atlas. New York: Johnson and Ward, 1863?) Text on verso: "Chronological history of the Great Rebellion"; inset: St Helena.
- Manuscript map by Al-Idrisi, reproduced from his Amusement for him who desires to travel around the world, ca. 1165. Facsimile. (80 x 35 in.)
- Map of Africa. New York: Daniel Burgess & Co., 1853. (Col. map sheet)
- Map of Africa by Paulus Forlani Veronese. 1562. (24 x 17 in.) Facsimile.
- Map of Africa, showing its most recent discoveries. Constructed and engraved by W. Williams. Philadelphia: s.n., 1860.
- Map of Africa, engraved to illustrate Mitchell's New Intermediate Geography. [ Philadelphia: E.H. Butler & Co., 1870?] Insets: Map of Egypt; Liberia and Sierra Leone; text on verso: "Asia".
- Map of Africa, engraved to illustrate Mitchell's School and Family Geography. No. 28. ; includes map insets of "Map of Egypt" (No. 29) and "Map of Liberia" (No. 30). Engraved by J.H. Young. [Philadelphia: s.n., 1852] (Col. map sheet)
- Map of the World: dressée par A.H. Dufour. Paris: 1850. (34 x 24 1/2 in.)
- Mappe-monde ou Carte générale. Dressée sur les observations de Mrs. de l'Academie Royale des Science. N. pub. Paris: n.d. (1760s?) (21 7/16 x 17 7/8 in.) (Border is in the form of a game to be played with dice.)
- Mercator's first world map. A.D. 1538. Facsimile reduced. (*Only known original in the American Geographic Society) (2 3/4 x 1 3/4 in.)
- A new and correct map of the whole world. The projection of this map is called Mercator's. By Herman Moll, geographer. 1719. (46 x 30 in.)
- North Africa or Barbary V: parts of Tripoli and Egypt. Published under the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1837. Engraved by J.& C. Walker. (11 3/4 x 15 1/4 in.)
- Nova totius Terrarum Orbis Geographica ac hydrographica tabula. [Amsterdam] Guiljelmo Blaeuw [1640?] (17 x 22 1/4 in.) (From a Latin edition of Theatrum Orbis Terrarum, published in various editions and states through 1655.)
- Ptolemey's map A.D. 150. Facsimile (much reduced). (4 x 2 1/2 in.)
- South Africa. Compiled from the M.S. Maps in the Colonial Office. Published under the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. London: Baldwin & Cradock, 1834. (11 3/4 x 14 3/4 in.)
- Spezial--Karte von Afrika ...entworfen von Hermann Habenicht, bearbeitet von demselben, Bruno Domann und Dr. Richard Ludecke. Gotha: Justus Perthes, 1887. In 10 parts. (each approx. 19 x 25 in.) Sektion:
- Sylvannus' map A.D. 1511. By Bernardi Sylvannus. Facsimile (reduced). (5 1/4 x 4 in.)
- West Africa. Published by the Superintendance of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. London: Charles Knight & Co., 183--. Engraved by J. & C. Walker. In 2 parts. (each 12 x 15 in.)
- The world on Mercator's projection. By James Wyld. London: 1855.