Public Interest & Research Groups
- Citizens Budget Commission
The Citizens Budget Commission is a nonpartisan, nonprofit civic organization whose mission is to achieve constructive change in the finances and services of New York City and New York State government.
- Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE)
- Empire State Future
- Fiscal Policy Institute
The Fiscal Policy Institute is a nonpartisan research and education organization that focuses on the tax, budget, and economic issues that affect the quality of life and well-being of New York State residents. Founded in 1991, FPI's work is intended to further the development and implementation of public policies that create a strong economy in which prosperity is broadly shared by all New Yorkers.
- Government Performance Project Report Card: New York State, Campbell Public Affairs Institute, Syracuse University: 2001, 2005, 2008
- Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government
- New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG)
- Public Policy Institute of New York State
The Public Policy Institute is a research and educational organization whose purpose is to formulate and promote public policies that will restore New York's economic competitiveness. The Institute accomplishes this mission by conducting timely, in-depth research addressing key state policy issues.
- Regional Plan Association
- Stateline.org: New York
Funded by the Pew Center for the States, this site provides news, information and data about NYS, focusing on policy and social issues.