Who has access to NYTimes.com Passes? For how long?
- Access is limited to current students, faculty, and staff with @columbia.edu accounts only.
- Access will expire after four years for current faculty and staff and can be renewed.
- Student accounts expire in December of the anticipated graduation year entered when registering for an account.
- This subscription does not include access to The New York Times Crosswords (Games) or Cooking apps.
I already have a paid Times digital or print subscription that gives me unlimited access to NYTimes.com. What should I do?
- It is not possible to use the same @columbia.edu email address for both a personal and a Columbia University Libraries digital New York Times account.
- If your paid subscription is associated with your @columbia.edu email address, contact NYTimes directly to cancel your paid account accordingly before registering for NYTimes.com access through the Columbia University Libraries' campus-wide site license.
- Call NYT's Customer Service Department at 800-698-4637.
- Visit NYT's contact us website to see additional options for contacting NYT regarding personal accounts.
What are the permissions for reproducing or linking to NT Times content? What other policies are in effect?
Can I access The Times from off-campus?
- Yes, as long as you have previously activated your NYTimes.com Pass using the links in the "Creating Your NYTtimes.com Account" box to the left.
Can I access The Times from my mobile device?
- NYTimes.com Passes provide access to NYT apps; visit nytimes.com/mobile to download.
- Mobile apps are supported by most devices.
Why am I asked to log in on some occasions and not others?
- This may be because your browser may clear its web cache/history if it is set to do so. In such cases you will need to log back into NYTimes.com using your @columbia.edu email address and the password that you used when you created your account.
What if my graduation year changes?
- Continuing students with a change of graduation year should follow up directly with the New York Times to extend access.
- Students should contact NY Times Customer Support for academic subscribers at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 800-698-4637, or use the New York Times contact us page.