Welcome to the Libraries!
The Columbia University Libraries offer a wide range of research, instruction, and borrowing services to support all levels of academic research.
Hours & Study Spaces
Reference & Research Help
- Librarians are available to assist you with research support in person, via e-mail, phone, IM, or by appointment. If you need help, Ask a Librarian.
- Our Research Guides are curated lists of recommended resources (for specific academic disciplines and subjects) from expert librarians.
Finding Library Materials
- The Libraries' website is a gateway to collections and services.
- CLIO is the libraries' primary search interface. It provides access to many kinds of resources, including books, databases, journals, and articles.
- Borrow Direct enables you to borrow books directly from other university libraries if the book you need is unavailable or is not owned by Columbia University.
- Interlibrary Loan is the service to use for items that are not available through Borrow Direct, such as journal articles.