- Africa contemporary record. Annual. (London: Africana Publishing, 1968/69-2002)
- Africa south of the Sahara. Annual. (London : Europa, 1971-)
- Africa yearbook online. (Leiden: Brill, 2004-)
- The African Union and its institutions. Edited by John Akokpari, Angela Ndinga-Muvumba and Tim Murithi. (Auckland Park, South Africa : Fanele ; [Cape Town] : Centre for Conflict Resolution, 2008).
See also: E-book
- L'Afrique des Grands Lacs Annual. (Paris: L'Harmattan, 1997--)
- Area Handbook series. Prepared by the Library of Congress and sponsored by the US Dept. of the Army. (Washington)
- Civil Society Database: a searchable directory of NGOs in Africa. (UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, NGO Branch and Office of the Special Adviser on Africa)
- Compendium of elections in southern Africa. Ed. by Tom Lodge [et al.]. (Johannesburg, South Africa: Electoral Institute of Southern Africa, 2002).
- Elections in Africa: a data handbook. Edited by Dieter Nohlen, Michael Krennerich, Bernhard Thibaut. (New York : Oxford University Press, 1999)
See also: E-book
- Europa world plus. -- New York, NY : Routledge ; Taylor & Francis Group, 2007-
Detailed economic, political, historical, and geographic profiles, with directories of civil society groups, media, statistics, and bibliographic references.
- Select "Africa South of the Sahara" or "Middle East and North Africa"
- Governance in the Middle East and North Africa : a handbook. Edited by Abbas Kadhim. (Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013)
- The handbook of civil society in Africa. Edited by Ebenezer Obadare.
(New York : Springer, ) E-book
- Handbook of Political Science research on Sub-Saharan Africa: trends from the 1960s to the 1990s. (New York: Greenwood Press, 1992).
- Handbook of political science research on the Middle East and North Africa. Ed. by Bernard Reich. (Westport, CT : Greenwood Press, 1998)
- Historical Dictionary series. Scarecrow Press (Lanham, MD)
Most recent editions are in Lehman Library Reference, near "Global Studies". For a dictionary of one country, search in CLIO: use [name of country] and "historical dictionary"--as "All Fields".
- Human rights law in Africa. 2 vols. Edited by Christof Heyns, Morne Vander Linde. (The Netherlands: Martinus Nijhoff, 2004)
See also: E-book version (via HeinOnline)
- Human rights manual and sourcebook for Africa. Compiled by Keir Starmer and Theodora A. Christou; edited by Kate Beattie...[et al.] (London: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, c2005).
- The Middle East and North Africa. Annual. (London: Europa, 1995-)
See also: Europa world plus
- New encyclopedia of Africa, 5 v. Editor in chief, John Middleton; editor, Joseph C. Miller. (Detroit: Thomson/Gale, c2008).
See also: E-book (via Gale Virtual Reference)
- A political and economic dictionary of Africa. Compiled by David Seddon, with Daniel Seddon-Daines. (London: Routledge, 2005).
- Political parties of Africa & the Middle East. Ed. by R. East and T. Joseph. (Harlow, England: Longman; Detroit, MI: Gale Research, distributor, 1993).
- Routledge handbook of African politics. Edited by Nic Cheeseman, David M. Anderson, and Andrea Scheibler. (New York : Routledge, 2013) E-book
- World Bibliographical Series CLIO Press (Oxford ; Santa Barbara, Calif.)
For a country in the series, search in CLIO: use [name of country] and "world bibliographical"--as "All Fields".
CU Guides to Internet Resources